Entertainment Transactions & Litigation
We have expertise in distribution and licensing, revenue-sharing and rights acquisition;
financing; royalty disputes; merchandising; film/TV production agreements; option and
purchase agreements; IP clearance; brand integration; synchronization, performance, master
use and mechanical licenses; publishing agreements; international music concert agreements
and sale/assignment of copyrights for a variety of projects in new media, commercial, film
• We also have handled a multitude of disputes relating to the motion picture business,
including, without limitation, rights acquisitions, talent royalties and engagement,
motion picture production, exploitation and distribution, patent, copyright and
trademark disputes, editing rights, distribution rights, and all sorts of film and
television production disputes.
• We have represented performers, composers and songwriters and music publishers
in copyright, royalty and other litigation arising out of the exploitation of sound
recordings and musical compositions.
• We prosecute and defend intellectual property for our entertainment clients,
including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, trade dress
infringement and idea submission claims, and other intellectual property infringement
concerns, intentional interference with contracts and invasion of privacy, rights
acquisitions and royalties.
• We have also represented producers, directors and production companies in the
negotiation and documentation of agreements to obtain literary rights, representation
of authors and other owners of such rights in sale and licensing transactions and
various areas of film production, serving as production counsel to a number of films.
• We support athletes at the professional, amateur, collegiate levels. We also represent
professional sports franchises, sports marketing companies, and sports agents, and
individuals and companies providing products and services in the industry.
• We support musicians, actors, comedians, models, and entertainers, to singers,
songwriters, authors, artists, and filmmakers.
• Representing sports and entertainment clients in litigation and arbitration matters to
protect and enforce publicity rights, privacy rights, intellectual property rights, and
contractual rights arising under performance agreements, endorsement agreements,
royalty agreements, and other agreements.